Thursday, November 23, 2006

WHY A SARAH JANE BLOG?

My short story for children, Sarah Jane's Daring Deed, seems the most popular of all those I've written.

*It's been published in four magazines (I retained the rights) and in the anthology.

* Youngsters like it best when I read stories in schools.

*My daughter has made dolls to accompany the story.

*I'm working on a picture book version of the story.

*I also am developing a number of activities that teachers and home schooling parents can use evolving out of the story.

*When I've taught workshops in schools, Sarah Jane's story often is the springboard for the student's writing.

Young readers have asked me, "Why don't you write more adventures for Sarah Jane, her family, and Little Fawn?"

So....why not a blog about Sarah Jane?

No comments: